We are no longer maintaining this section by adding new news items. Important news items will be added to article collections about particular topics.
IN THE NEWS...
11/8 VIDEO: Secrets of the CIA
10/30 VIDEO: Jacob Bronowski on The Ascent of Man
6/12 VIDEO: Bill Moyers’ Address at the Nat’l Conference for Media Reform
An incredible speech by Bill Moyers about how big business, our government, and news media have merged, causing the American people to have no clue as to what is really happening.
6/1 Deoband Fatwa Against Terrorism
5/27 VIDEO: The U.S. and Iran, Lessons From History
5/25 Indian Muslims Movement Against Terrorism
5/25 Are Indian Muslims Leading the Way in Condeming Terror?
A “Movement Against Terrorism” has been created by clerics to exhort imams to use Friday prayers at mosques across India to speak out against terrorism.
5/11 The U.S. Terrorism Report: Selective data, wrong lessons
5/4 Christianity and War: Readings in the Age of Empire
4/21 VIDEO: War Made Easy
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war messages of successive presidential administrations.
4/14 Foreign Policy Reality Check
All of the current action items - petitions, letters to government officials, etc. are now listed in this one file. Updated regularly.
In the name of God,The Compassionate, The Merciful
Oh mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other (Not that you may despise each other). 49;13
Search The American Muslim
- Tears of Yarmouk – The Palestinian Lesson that Every Syrian Should Know
- Ousting democratically elected leaders in Ukraine and elsewhere
- Netanyahu’s Games
Dr. James Zogby3/6/14
- The Mars One Fatwa That Never Was
Sheikh Musa Furber3/6/14
- Responses to my calling out the term ‘Abeed’ - updated 3/3/2014
- Women’s Liberation at Barefoot College
- From Cairo to Kiev: A Critique of Abdallah Schleifer’s “Flip-Flop” Article
Dr. Robert D. Crane3/3/14
- American flip flop, from Cairo to Kiev
- Mind-boggling: Sisi in Moscow, not in Washington
- A quick fix for recognizing Israel as… what?
- Looking at War from an Inside Perspective
- Who will win gold at Sochi?
Abdul Cader Asmal2/4/14
- The times are a-changing for Israeli American ties
- Islam’s ban on child combatants
Sheikh Musa Furber1/31/14
- Muslims Must Defend The Olympics: For Chechnya
Dr. David Liepert1/31/14
- Can a Good Christian Be a Good American? - updated 1/17/2014
- Why Egyptian voters voted the way they did
- POETRY: Winter Scene
Daniel Abdal-Hayy Moore1/11/14
- A Refutation of Robert Spencer’s Post on Professor Akbar Ahmed
- Reza Aslan, a Typo, and the Petty Vindictiveness of Robert Spencer
Ilisha of Loonwatch1/6/14
- The Arab world, a killing field for journalists
- “Muslim cannibalism”: How a blood libel is born and spread - update 1/6/2014
- Religious Accommodation or Creeping Sharia? - updated 1/6/2014
- Good News Stories About/By/For North American Muslims in 2013