We are no longer maintaining this section by adding new news items. Important news items will be added to article collections about particular topics.
IN THE NEWS...
11/8 VIDEO: Secrets of the CIA
10/30 VIDEO: Jacob Bronowski on The Ascent of Man
6/12 VIDEO: Bill Moyers’ Address at the Nat’l Conference for Media Reform
An incredible speech by Bill Moyers about how big business, our government, and news media have merged, causing the American people to have no clue as to what is really happening.
6/1 Deoband Fatwa Against Terrorism
5/27 VIDEO: The U.S. and Iran, Lessons From History
5/25 Indian Muslims Movement Against Terrorism
5/25 Are Indian Muslims Leading the Way in Condeming Terror?
A “Movement Against Terrorism” has been created by clerics to exhort imams to use Friday prayers at mosques across India to speak out against terrorism.
5/11 The U.S. Terrorism Report: Selective data, wrong lessons
5/4 Christianity and War: Readings in the Age of Empire
4/21 VIDEO: War Made Easy
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war messages of successive presidential administrations.
4/14 Foreign Policy Reality Check
All of the current action items - petitions, letters to government officials, etc. are now listed in this one file. Updated regularly.
In the name of God,The Compassionate, The Merciful
Oh mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other (Not that you may despise each other). 49;13
Search The American Muslim
- No Warlords Need Apply—a call for credible peacemaking in Afghanistan
Kathy Kelly and Buddy Bell7/31/15
- Pushing Up
- No ‘Crisis in Islam’: Just Apathy of So-called ‘Historians’
- In Baghdad, Organized Destruction
- Burning Children and the Duty to Resist
- Controversy over American Muslim Leadership trip to Jerusalem - updated 7/1/2015
- The Pope, the Bible, & the Climate Crisis Inspire a Rabbinic Call to Action
Rabbi Arthur Waskow6/5/15
- Beyond the Middle East: The Rohingya Genocide
- Re-Designing Counter-Terrorism Strategy: The Role of Nations and Confederations
Robert D. Crane5/28/15
- ISIS-Related Arrests in Southern California
- The Terrorist Who Got Away
- The origins of the term “Islamophobia” - updated 5/20/2015
- Charges Against Catholic University Were Not Made by Muslims - updated 5/18/2015
- Islamophobes See “Jihad” Everywhere - updated 5/13/15
- Muslim Voices - Part I - Fatwas & Statements by Muslim Scholars & Organizations - updated 5/13/2015
compiled by Sheila Musaji5/13/15
- The Arab Boat: It’s an Arab-Palestinian Nakba, and We Are All Refugees
- Islamic Law and Private International Law: The Case of International Child Abduction
Anver M. Emon5/13/15
- American Muslims Respond to Attack on Anti-Islam Event in Texas - updated 5/13/15
- Anjem Choudary part of the Muslim Lunatic Fringe - updated 5/7/2015